Monday, October 3, 2011

The ending credits- How I lost 20lbs playing XBox

The weigh off is over!  Although it has been extremely hard in the process, the results have made me forget the cravings and wining over the workouts.  I dropped 20+ pounds, and dropped my body fat percentage by over 6%.  Tejal lost 15+lbs and 8% Body Fat.  All together we lost almost an entire super model!

I had a wonderful opportunity that I am so thankful that Jackie, Dave, Tejal, and the rest of Red Bull allowed me to participate in!

I cannot explain how wonderful I feel and how confident I have gotten in the past few weeks!  I have not only transformed into my college body, but also the mindset (well, without the keg stands and the beer pong championship... for now!)
Me before fit for Tech, waiting on the Hogwarts express.

9/29/11- After Fit for Tech

College Bethy, on my path to fatness, hanging with Homer.

I feel like this opportunity not only helped me get my butt in gear, but also helped me learn that I can work out with any budget and at any time.  You do not need a gym membership, you just have to get up and have fun!  Something as simple as a kinnect party can burn 200+ calories, which you can do with your buddies.  (You can tech do it drunk, and munching on chips, but that is not going to be productive!)  You can swap out the potato chips for some baked tortilla chips and salsa, and you have a better party snack!  

Many of you are asking how I did it?! 

Easy!!  I fist changed my diet:
This was the hardest part in weight loss, but the most important!  I cut out all pasta, and white breads first, after I got used to that, I introduced veggies with each meal, and then just started making healthy substitutes for all food.  I never starved myself, or deprived myself from cravings!  Every time I craved a food, I sought out a healthy version of this, and then portion controlled this healthy version.  My favorite food is breakfast burritos, so I used Egg Whites, Low Carb tortillas, pico de gillo, and then grapes or a fruit on the side.  This meal was my favorite "Weekend Breakfast Treat!!" (I wake up at 5 on weekdays, you cannot pay me to cook in the mornings!)  

exercise, do what you love!
I love to play videogames, I actually get addicted to whatever I am playing, so finding the best game for me started as a challenge, but it was totally fun and amazing to see your results at the end!  I am a geek, so any technology that will promise me to get thin and be hott is like showing a supermodel Trimspa and stating that Anna Nicole can get thin this way (She used Lipo in real life... but that was not an option for me).  The only bad thing, the videogames make you stand up and work on em!  I worked my butt off day after day and it was a challenge doing foot fires for long periods of time, but the results came out amazing!  

Look for Support!  Team Red Bull and Team Bethy Shout out!! 
I cannot walk down the hallway at the moment without someone telling me that I look great!  (phone calls from my mommy did not hurt either!)  It is amazing that there are so many people in this office and in the company world wide, that have followed my struggle with weight and have supported me from day one!  I feel that if anyone has a support system as strong as the one I have had, anything is possible!  I always tried to be the best support system for Tejal from afar since I know that she does not get the same opportunity of walking down the hallway everyday.  I am sure her friends and family are supporting her and telling her how amazing she looks now (If they aren't I will go over there and beat them up for her!) since her results are amazing as well!  

I am so proud of myself and Tejal, and ever so thankful for Jackie, Dave, HR, and Red Bull for giving me this oportunity!  I also want to give an awesome amazing thank you shout out to my Mommy for supporting me and giving me advice throughout the weight loss.  She is prob the best mom in the whole world.  Most were skepticle about how you cannot get a huge workout on a video game, but you can get one everywhere and any time you want!  You just have to want to get thin and healthy and you can!  Thank you all, again, this was an amazing time... but now its time to see the outside world and get myself a tan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment