Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oh nooo Technology failed me!

I went out to San Francisco with my best friend this weekend, I def had a blast with him since we havent seen each other in years.  Two days before we left I was thinking, "wow I should really get my car looked at before I drive 400+ miles north, but maybe I can gamble with it...."  Then my brakes decided to go out on the 405.  Luckily, nothing bad happened, and I got the car to my local mechanic to fix the $500 issue... ARRRG

I got the car fixed and headed out to San Francisco with Rob.  It was def a fun and great experience, and a fun road trip seeing all the "Happy Cows" which I referred to as milk cows, and Rob decided to remind me that people eat cows and most likely those were not "Happy California Milk Cows".
Scary hallway in Alkatraz

We def got a ton of steps in this weekend, walking around Alcatraz, China Town, San Jose, and even a mile long walking tour through the Winchester Mansion.  (Yes, the house is over a mile long tour through the house!  How did a crazy old lady not get lost in it!)

I also attempted BART public transportation.  I learned how to read a subway map and get around a strange city without getting stabbed to death.  Which in my mind, is an accomplishment!

I did some brief workouts through the iPhone, since I forgot my iPad at home :( and contrary to popular belief, I do not frequently travel with a Wii.  But since I was getting double my daily walking workout, I figured it was okay.
RIP tire :(

On our way home, Rob and I decided to drive across the golden gate bridge... on the bridge, my tire decided it no longer wanted to drive, and popped!  Looking at my tires, I decided that they were balder than a 50 year old man.  So I was forced to purchase new tires at the local Wal Mart.... which I discovered that California Wal Marts, are NOT like the rest of the country.  They are dirty and have fist fights over boxed wine.



Us being totally attractive on the Golden Gate bridge... Hands Free Laws do not apply to cameras!
I ended up losing weight on my trip from the "Hurry up and Go" situations that we were in, so it was all in all a great trip!  Pounds lost, did not get shot on the BART, good friends, good food, and a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment